• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell Propeller

I have a Hartzell Prop with the numbers 18137, DES 36-A-36 HP65 on it. Can
    you give me any information on the propeller? Any information would be
    good. I have been looking for almost a year now and can find nothing. I
    want to know what kind of plane it went on etc. I have it for display and want to build a model plane to show what it might have gone on.

Re: Hartzell Propeller

Originally posted by kevin
    I have a Hartzell Prop with the numbers 18137, DES 36-A-36 HP65 on it. Can
    you give me any information on the propeller? Any information would be
    good. I have been looking for almost a year now and can find nothing. I
    want to know what kind of plane it went on etc. I have it for display and want to build a model plane to show what it might have gone on.
    Hi Kevin and welcome to the Forum.

I have extensive archival information on Hartzell wooden props but I cannot locate any information on Design number 36-A-36. In fact, I cannot locate any design number with this format of two numbers, a hyphen, one letter, another hyphen followed by another number. Does your prop have two blades in one piece? Would it be possible for you to post pictures to this Forum thread?

Thank you.

Lamar

Comment

It's certainly not a "typical" Hartzell design sequence, but then it's not really typical of any other manufacturers that come to mind either.

Does it have Hartzell decals, or is the name stamped in the wood? Usually with stampings, the words "Piqua, Ohio" also appear.

What is the length of the propeller? If it's around 72 inches it was likely used on a variety of aircraft using Franklin or Continental 65 HP engines, and it might be hard to narrow it down to one particular airplane.

Pictues would help. See this link

Comment

Working...
      X