Lang Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lang Propeller

Hello everyone, newbie here! Picked up an interesting Lang Propeller and looking for help trying to identify the plane it may have come from. It is 95" long, 8 mounting holes, wood with copper ends. It is marked: Lang Propeller Co. of America. Also: SC58132. The hub is marked (all markings may not be correct): NO 2751(?) 100 HP Gnome DLA 2 400 Pitch 2200 DR (maybe DB) NO 101B Lang Propeller. So it looks to be a Gnome engine. Any additional help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Any questions let me know, thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ledzeppers; 09-26-2018, 05:12 PM.

I don't know and can't find what airplane that was designed for. However, see page 2 of the attached. A version of your prop was included on that list, showing the engine and the correct diameter and pitch.

Since yours is stamped with an "SC" number, I presume it was a Signal Corps aircraft rather than a Naval aircraft.

Here's the likely stampings:

NO 2751(?) Serial number
    100 HP Gnome
    DLA 2 400 DIAmeter 2400 mm
    Pitch 2200 Pitch 2200 mm
    DR (maybe DB) NO 101B Lang Propeller DRawing number 101B

Note that in the Navy's surplus sale, there were 68 of them offered, at $5 each.

Comment

Thank you Dbahson for the info! I'm not seeing "page 2". Am I missing something? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ledzeppers View Post
        Thank you Dbahson for the info! I'm not seeing "page 2". Am I missing something? Thanks
        Nope. I forgot to attach it.

You have to download it, but you may want to print it out to keep with the propeller.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
          Nope. I forgot to attach it.

You have to download it, but you may want to print it out to keep with the propeller.
          Thank you!

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you for this doc. It is interesting to see that even at the time, some props were of unknown maker!
            More curious was props with diameter unknown: they just have to measure them...

Regards,
            PM

Comment

Working...
            X