Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Design Code

Hi folks,

has anyone the knowlege of public domain computer codes for design and / or calculation of propellers?

Mike

Found in the meantime a design tool:

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/javaprop.htm

Anyone here with some experience with that ?

Comment

I have no experience with propeller design and almost an equal lack of knowledge, but that seems like a pretty good link that you've already discovered!

Years ago I was searching for reference material that would help identify propellers, but I ended up with a large file of reprints that describe propeller theory. I never did understand them.

Comment

Propeller Design

There is a program called JC Propeller Design that is made to be eazy to use and making classic wooden propellers with different planforms.
        I can't say more because I am talking about the program I made.

Jan

Comment

Can you design me a 12" x 12" pusher prop for a mo

Hi there

I have a jet type model airplane with a prop at the back.
          Ive been running a 14" x 14" pusher but this was a bit big and ground clearance was marginal - so I busted it!
          The guy in the UK that hand made this had been ill and I cant get hold of him now so im thinking the worst.
          There are no manufacturers producing this size or anything similar so I have set myself a challenge.

I am pretty good at woodwork and have all the tools under the sun excepting for the knowledge or expertese to make one of these.

Is there anyone out there that can design me a 12" x 12" two bladed pusher prop for my model? I am looking for the full working drawings and chord sections etc.

I am CAD literate so a DXF file would be great?
          Please can anyone help me?

Thanks Martin

Comment

Working...
          X