X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Info Please

Hi All

Sallies here from South Africa.

Thank you for letting me join the Forum and be able to ask some questions regarding a propeller I have no Information about.

The Propeller is owned by one of my friends and I'm very intrigued by it and would love to have some info and history behind it.

Sadly when he inherited it, it was sort of already restored which means some oak did not know what he was doing before and didn't quite leave it in it's original state. Nonetheless it's still a beautiful prop and I would love to know the history behind it.

If anyone has any ideas as from where the propeller originates from I would love to hear about it.

Please see pictures attached

Here is some more information and dimensions I have and can see on the propeller/blade:

1. It is 1540mm long(60,63 Inches)
    2. Plus/minus 260mm in Width(10,24Inches)
    3. Plus/minus 50mm thick(1,97Inches)

There are two serial numbers of some sort I can also see:
    1. First is: 10C/6 (Suppose it's a size)
    2. Secondly, it's a longer number: RA 14261

This is all the information I have, hopefully it is sufficient to identify this beautiful piece of history. I have heard some rumers that it's off of a Hawker Hurricane running a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine, but these are rumors only.

Thank you all in advance for the information.

Hope to hearing from you soon!

Warm Regards from South Africa

Sallies
    Attached Files

It's a single blade from a variable pitch propeller. It would have attached to a hub with one or two other blades. I know nothing about their identification, but the expert on those in Monte Chase, who can usually be reached via his website, www.notplanejane.com.

Comment

It's a single blade from a variable pitch propeller. It would have attached to a hub with one or two other blades. I know nothing about their identification, but the expert on those in Monte Chase, who can usually be reached via his website, www.notplanejane.com.

Comment

Working...
      X