Prop for Scott Squirrel aero engine Flying Flea HM14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop for Scott Squirrel aero engine Flying Flea HM14

We are trying to build a prop for a Flying Flea engine for static display. The original prop was made and sold around 1935/6 by The Airscrew Company in UK. It was built to Drawing number Z3070/3 and is marked A/25. Diameter is 5ft and pitch is 4.35 ft. Pitch Circumference plots show that the blade angle is constant at 16 degrees. The problem is we don't have a blade profile. Can anyone suggest what (NACA?) profile might have been used. Or maybe you can even source a copy of the Drawing!!.. We are a volunteers at the Ulster Aviation Society near Belfast. All advice is most welcome..Thanks in advance

Actual drawings are very rarely found, in my experience. I don't even see that drawing number appear on this rather extensive list.

Comment

I have an HM14 with the Scott engine. Do you have any more information on the original prop

Comment

Originally posted by airplanejocky View Post
        I have an HM14 with the Scott engine. Do you have any more information on the original prop
        I certainly don't, but many if not most common aircraft would have several different propeller options. You'd have to find that from the manufacturer, and even that might be a challenge.

Comment

I was hoping the person who posted above (npjrogers) might be able to help.

Comment

Working...
          X