Sensinich wooden propeller, model # 72C-46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensinich wooden propeller, model # 72C-46

I'd like to sell this Sensinich wooden propeller that belonged to my father. The model # is 72C-46, serial #The third line says HP 66 (I think, I 'm not sure of the second digit), and the fourth line says RPM 2350.

Mine is not all shiny and perfect like some that you see for sale. The decals that were on the blades are gone. It's not nicked up, but the wood is dry and the brown stain has faded or been rubbed off in places. If I'd polish the brass edging, it would look a little spiffier. The red paint on the tips shows some wear. In short, this a prop that was actually used, and it looks like it.

I emailed Sensenich because I could not find my model number listed anywhere, and this is the response they sent:

"The 72C propeller model was more commonly produced in the 40 to 44 pitch range. A 46 pitch version such as yours is a little unusual. It could have been used as a cruise prop for a Taylorcraft or Interstate Cadet aircraft with a 65 hp Continental engine."
    Attached Files

It's still a commonly found design, even with the pitch, and the absence of decals certainly reduces its value. There are several similar ones available on eBay and some of those have been listed for months without selling.
    Dave

Comment

So could you give me a range that indicates possible realistic sales prices?

Comment

I would suggest checking completed auction prices on eBay for props similar to yours and in like condition where the prop ACTUALLY sold.

Lamar

Comment

Here's a similar one that sold on eBay for $200. Quite a few above that sold for closer to $400 or so, but they had preserved decals.

Problem is, there are still quite a few well preserved props of the same design and vintage, and that's more what people are looking to collect.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X