Cut down Sensenich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut down Sensenich?

I believe this is a "modern" propeller, but can't find anything to substantiate even that. Some numbers: Length: 72.5”. Center hole: 2 1/4”. Hub: 6” thick; 7” diameter. Bolt holes: ½”; Center to center bolt circle: 4 ¾”.

The hub has 1 Z6529 2 stamped around the bolt holes (if that is a model number, I failed to locate it as such anywhere). The black things are fabric pads glued to the hub. Three lines stamped on one blade: SENSENICH and 72LML32 and Z6529.

Sensenich lists a 72L used on a J3P Cub with a Lenape Papoose 3 cyl radial, but pictures of such aircraft show normal tip propellers. I also couldn’t find anything in the factory airboat listings. Besides, I don’t think this propeller looks much like theirs anyway, at least not what shows on the site. So, is this a cut down 72L or ? Note the sheathing is made of several pieces and as a result looks quite home-built, and there are many signs of contact in the wood on one side toward both outer blade ends.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chuckpee; 09-15-2018, 11:07 AM.

I'm nearly certain that it's an air boat propeller. The format looks consistent with other air boat props I've seen, and the flat pitch (32 inches) is more typically of air boat aerodynamics, where aerodynamic deceleration is desirable with reduced RPM. That property is provided by wide blades with flat pitch.

Comment

Working...
    X