I'm new and haven't a clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new and haven't a clue

I sent a private message sometime ago to Mr. Dave Bahnson expressing my interest in identifying a propeller that has come in too my possession. I would like to both thank Dave for his quick reply and make the descr-
    iption of this propeller public so that anyone who comes across this post might e-mail me or text message me with whatever thoughts they might have as to the A: manufacturer of my propeller as I am about to describe B: the type of engine it may have been mounted too or designed for C: can anyone tell me were the Canadians manufacturing wooden propellers in the first world war ? Decal or logos on propeller would suggest Toronto Canada , as a likely place of origin or manufacture. The depth of the mounting bore thru hub of propeller is 4 or perhaps 4 and 1/8 inches. The #s 27 28 are clearly stamped on both the outside edge of the propeller hub and the flat (presumably outward facing) part of the hub. There are eight smaller bolt holes surrounding the mounting bore each spaced precisely 2 inches on center from the next and the bolt pattern measuring from 6 o'clock to twelve or 3 to 9 on any given pair was/is 5 and1/4 inches. Decal or logos can be found near the broadest part of the blade at each end respectively. One is completely removed with only an outline to show it was ever there, the other could be described thusly : imagine the letter v turned upside down and its angle made less acute and you could call that the top of the decal . The bottom you might think of as a parentheses laid on its back. In the center between the top and bottom when looked at closely with good eyes or a magnifyer if they are my eyes are clearly printed the words WAR MUNITIONS. On the top of the inverted v reading left to right the word Canada or perhaps Canadian is printed and on the right side of the top of decal I could discern only 3 letters maybe 4 and they were T A R O though not necessarily in that order. I was ,however, left with the impression that the word Toronto would have been a likely guess. That is all I have except to say that the overall length of the prop was 8 feet one and 1/2 inches tip to tip. My e- mail address is sandysboy6963@gmail.com text me at this website care of Timscurious
    Last edited by Timscurious; 07-01-2020, 05:15 AM.
Working...
X