How others see us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,

Thank you for the excellent photographs.

You might consider wiping the prop down with warm soapy water. (Wiping not washing, nor soaking !) Leave it dry for a day or so. Then polish it with pure beeswax polish without additives. It comes out of a tin. Some supermarkets here in the UK sell it in aerosol form but these have silicones added, which are very effective at cleaning surfaces, but too powerful for conservation.

I have added the data from your prop to my database of all known German WW1 props. I have been compiling this list for about twelve years and have details so far of about 750 types of props from 38 makers.

If any of your data on war trophy aircraft in Canada describes propellers and their data, please copy it to me if you can. All my info is going into my next series of books on German WW1 Propellers, which I hope to complete in the next six months.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Perceptions are based on location. I am from the port of Hull and shortly after finishing flying training in the RAF I mentioned to an aunt that I was a pilot. She asked me what it was like bringing the big ships into the docks! Wrong sort of pilot

Comment

Working...
      X