Propeller identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller identification.

I have a pair of wooden props. They stand approx 5feet high.the following transfers are on each of them. Bolton And Paul of Norwich in association with Howes and Son. AID 780. 11544. Bearmore FE2B. Bop No3. I would appreciate any info to identify them, aeroplane they were used on, and date of manufacture. Thanks.

5 Feet? That seems too short for any of the commonly used props, especially if it's stamped FE2b.

Can you post a picture?
    Dave

Comment

FE2Bprop

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      5 Feet? That seems too short for any of the commonly used props, especially if it's stamped FE2b.

Can you post a picture?
      Sorry for the delay in replying but have been busy arranging my mums funeral.
      Having looked at pictures of props on this sight I suspect that the two props I have were probably, originally, one prop that has been divided into two and each mounted on a plinth. If that is correct then the original prop would have been between 9 and 10 feet in length. Does this make more sense. Any info gratefully received. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry about your Mom.

Again, it's hard to say what you've got without seeing it, but another possibility is that it was originally a 4 blade prop that was cut into quarters to transport it.
        Dave

Comment

Reply to Dave

Definitely not 4 blade as two ends form complete circle. Previous investigation suggests that boulton paul produced numerous prototypes. Could this prop have been from one of them? Had it been mass produced, someone of your obvious knowledge would identify it immediately??? Thank you for your help so far.

Comment

Working...
          X