Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Sensenich Stearman Prop (1944?)

Hello,

I have sold the prop. Can I delete this thread?

Most of the markings are extremely difficult to read. E1772 is the number on the back of the hub. 98 AA64 is what (I think) the numbers read on the side of the hub along with SENSENICH. There are other numbers on the back hub that are very difficult to read but my guess is 11D5351. The total length is about 98.5". The OD is about 9.25" and the ID is about 4". There are eight bolt holes in the hub. On one of the back tips there is a little green colored fabric missing. I have included photos and would appreciate serious offers before I decide to go the E-Bay route.

A photo slide show can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCtk2pW9xs

Thanks!
    Bill J.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BillJ; 06-12-2012, 12:27 AM. Reason: Sold

It looks like it's been refinished. (It should have Sensenich decals.) That drawing number is posted here.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks

I purchased it around 1979 from man who had a truck full of old props of all types and sizes. He was an aircraft mechanic instructor for a school that had closed. I agree with your logic regarding the prop being cleaned up especially with the decals missing and coming from an aviation school. To me it looks original although it’s obvious that the missing decals say someone fiddled with it at some point. I was young when I bought it and I sure hope I didn’t pull of the decals because they were ugly looking or something. Ha! I hate to admit it but I'm pretty sure the decals were beat up and I removed what was left of them.

I wonder if this makes much difference in the value?
      Last edited by BillJ; 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Fair Price?

I would like to know if 500 plus shipping would be a fair deal. I have been offered a bit less and I’m starting to think I should just take it since it would be a local transaction.

Thanks Again,
        BillJ

Comment

Comment

I can delete it, but the sale information becomes helpful to others if you are willing to share it.
            Dave

Comment

It's OK with me either way. I sold it to a local antique dealer for 400 bucks.

Comment

Thanks. I think you did fine at " wholesale" value. He will retail it for a little more.
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X