help with identify a propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with identify a propeller

hi all just pick this up a nice wooden propeller today and would be very interested to find more info out about it if anyone can help

the markings on the prop are

D 2744
    P 1067
    A.C.G N0 15053
    AUG/29

DRG N0 Z1581
    R.H.T

How clear are the stamped numbers? Could it be "Z 1531" rather than 1581?

Comment

hi there the numbers are very clear it is Z1581

Comment

OK, thanks.

I was hoping that it would be listed on this list, but that number isn't, so I'm not able to help identify it, and I'm not sure how else you would find further information.

It still amazes me how many different models of propellers were manufactured and how even with this extensive list (and others for other eras and other countries) propellers keep turning up without a number match.

Comment

I agree and sympathise with Dave Bahnson. I have the British and Air Ministry drawing numbers from 1915, 1918, the 1920s, the 1930s and the 1940s. The latter dates record Z1580 as the prop fitted to the 200hp Wolseley Viper in the Avro 504K, but your drg number Z1581 is not listed. It would be unwise to think that Z1581 would be similar or related to Z1580.

This research took over an hour with no positive result. In our field a researcher's lot is often not a happy one!

With kind regards,

Bob
          Bob Gardner
          Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
          http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
          X