Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help.
    I have a small wooden propeller. I assume its from a target drone as its too small even for a light aircraft (I've just compared it to a Chipmunk ) with the serial DRG44D109008 and then 92806. Can anyone tell me what its from please?
    Many thanks

I think that's a U.S. Propellers drawing number, and I've seen a lot of them over the years. While there's no way of knowing for sure, I think it's likely that it was used on this plane or one of its variants. There were some 55,000 of these drones built, so that's a lot of propellers that also needed to be manufactured. Most of them seem to be 44 inches in diameter.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. I'll measure it when I get home. It has red tips. My Grandad (who gave it too me) thought it was from a Queen Bee (which I think was the target version of the Tiger Moth), but its way too small for that....but ties in with the target done suggestion. The British Forces did use the Shelduck so that explains what its doing in the UK. Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi Dave its 30 inch's from tip to tip, does that still tie in with the Shelduck? Many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X