help in identifying propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in identifying propeller

I solicit your help and expertise once again . Prop is Mahogany and Maple 99 1/4 in length Hub is 7" and 4" deep. The stamping on is duplicated on either side and includes the oftentimes found on a Supreme "unairworthy" as shown in photos . Varnish has been removed but otherwise not too harsh a cleanup. purchased several years ago but unfortunatly prior owner had no idea as to application all he could say was he found it hanging in a bar and "cleaned it up" all in all great form and condition. Im just guessing but thinking early to mid 30's Any help most appreciated Michael
    Attached Files

Wow what a stunning-looking propeller. I've seen more propellers of this manufacturer and none looks even remotely as nice.

Barkley-Grow Aircraft Co. took over Supreme Propeller Co. in August 1936, so your propeller would be from after this date.

I haven't found out the source yet, but at least it gives you a time frame. It most likely came from a trainer or liaison aircraft of sorts. It's an interesting prop, in a market that was probably dominated by Sensenich propellers.

PS. Not related to this prop, but he's a curious propeller patent by Barkley-Grow from 1938.
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US2117688
    Last edited by Skyraider3D; 02-03-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X