No announcement yet.

Gardner Propellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Gardner Prop #1521-3610. It measures 90" and has the metal hub and 8 bolts intact. I have been trying to find out more information about it.

Linda

Comment

i just purchased a vintage Gardner propeller...

and i LOVE IT...

here is a link to the photos --- http://1drv.ms/1pSOi64
      i will hang it (MOST PROUDLY) on my living room wall...

its worn, torn and patina'd(???), which makes me love it even MORE...

thanks for the forum opportunity to explore these vintage works of functional art...

1919(?) Gardner Wooden Airplane Propeller...

Built in Forest Park Illinois right around 1920...

click here for photos:

cracked in both blades, but this prop has GREAT PATINA...

another one for the "record books" of aviation history...

i have NO IDEA what the stamped letters and digits represent, but
      there are A LOT of them...

Comment

The links to photos don't work for me.

What are the numbers stamped on it?
        Dave

Comment

Hi, I'm about to return my father's Gardner prop to him, (he got it from my grandfather, who worked for the Stinson Aircraft Co. at one time) after cleaning it lightly and getting a display stand for it. Its numbers are: DES: 491 (which I believe means that it was used on a Continental 75 HP engine); Ser: 9851, and A.T.C. 710. Any other information that anyone may have would be appreciated, as I would like to conjure up a small brass plate for the stand with some provenance written thereon. Thanks, all.

Comment

I have a propeller that I know to be from the WWII era. It was given as a gift to my great grandfather who was a civil engineer in the army. It is a Gardner propeller with identification numbers as follows:
            DES. 491
            SERA. 42729
            A.T.C. 710

It also has it stamped on it:
            80 horsepower and 2700 revolutions per minute

I believe that it might be from a Stinson, but am not sure. It is a double blade modern wooden propeller with a silver star in the center. (but this might just be because it was a gift.) Thanks for any help!

Comment

It could have been used on something like the Stinson Voyager, one model of which used the 80 HP Continental engine. Typically, the prop is fitted to an engine, and it might apply to several different aircraft, but there's no way to be sure which one unless all the others are somehow excluded

I might be able to find something more about the type certificate number when I get home tomorrow.
              Dave

Comment

Thanks so much Dave! any information you can find out is extremely helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X