Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heine Propeller

Hello !
    I bought a wooden Propeller a few weeks ago and now i hope there is someone who can tell me something about year of production and maybe on which plane it was mounted. It´s a Heine Prop from Berlin ,length is 3,07m and on it is a stamp "Merce" and 260 PS (hp) . so maybe it was mounted on a 260 PS Mercedes engine ,which works on a two engine "Gotha Bomber" from Waggonfabrik Gotha , in WW1 ?? Does anybody knows more about that ?
    Thanks a lot
    Best regards , JC Rathje, Kiel, Germany
    Attached Files

I don't know which aircraft it may have been designed for, but Heine continued to make propellers well after WW1, and the metal sheathing was very rare in their propellers made during WW1, so my guess is that it is a later model.

German props can be very hard to identify beyond the engine and the diameter and pitch.

Comment

Hi,

The prop number (44806 ou 44896 ?) is clearly post WW1. I do think Bob is able to give a date from this number. Waiting for his advice, you can search the forum for Heine prop and find when the n°448xx was built (at least approximately).

Regards,
      PM

Comment

Working...
      X