General questions to Dave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General questions to Dave

Hello Dave, I've got several questions regarding the site and propellers. I've been regularly selling propellers on ebay and these questions pertain to this.
    1. I've got 2 propellers that are similar to ones in your collection. Can I use a link to your propellers as a comparison to help sell mine?
    2. I was trying to find the link on the woodenpropeller site that gives engine usage based on hub/hole dimensions, but couldn't find it. Is it still available?
    3. Lastly, which shipping service do you use to ship to Europe for a long propeller?
    Your site and info have been invaluable and a great source of info and entertainment.
    Thanks again and keep up the good work,
    Scott Prior

Go ahead and link away. It would be nearly impossible to stop that, although I did have one eBay seller scold me for using his eBay listing on this site.

Here's the hub dimensions page. http://www.woodenpropeller.com/HUB_D...US_ENGINES.htm

Europe can be expensive. Generally it requires a broker, but I think DHL would be your best choice first.

What's been your username on eBay? I know I've seen most of them go by over the years.
    Dave

Comment

Dave, It's mprior01 on ebay. Thanks for all the info.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by msprior01 View Post
        3. Lastly, which shipping service do you use to ship to Europe for a long propeller?
        Update on this aspect of the discussion. I have found IPSparcel.com
        to be an excellent resource for international shipping. By dealing in volume they get discounts from DHL, FedEx and I think UPS as well, offering you the choice of carrier and the prices for each. They seem to even bypass the dimensional weight restrictions of those same carriers somehow. I've used them to ship props to Canada, Sweden, Australia, and Italy with great success, typically at about half the cost when compared to going directly through the carrier. Props shipped to Sweden arrived in 2 days, although the estimate was 5 to 7.

They also go door to door for the quoted price, which can be a big bonus.

I've also updated the "Shipping Page" with new methodology for crating and added information about IPSparcel.
        Dave

Comment

HI Dave, I have had problems accessing the modernwoodenpropeller site. Do you know if they have been having any issues?
          Thanks, Scott

Comment

The site has been suspended and I've tried to contact Lamar Bevil, the owner, and have had no response via email or private messaging. I'm still working on it, and am also working on recreating the pages and hosting them here if all else fails.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X