No announcement yet.

Just bought (and probably overpaid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know where else to go. I can't find a listing with that ATC number and we don't know the manufacturer. Without those there are just too many possibilities.

Comment

Found a symbol

Just found this in the metal portion of the wing
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a good find, and suggests (as Bob said earlier) that it's from the 20s or 30s when Paragon continued to manufacture propellers after WW1. It probably also had decals which have since been removed.

Comment

Found symbols

I think it is a paragon. Stamped on metal on 4 sides.

Wondering what other words are? Can year be identified by stamp?
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that Paragon in America was making a propeller so close to a design of Lucien Chauviere in the inter-war years.

With kind regards to everyone,

Bob Gardner
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Hi,

No many ideas to add to that was already said. Yes, Chauvière props of the 191x years had their trailing edges straight and aligned, but with rounded tips and large blades.
              After WW1, Chauvière kept the same shape but blades became less large, but largely more than Paragon ones (the pic is from a Chauvière serial 5005 for a 420 HP Bristol Jupiter engine).
              Later, Chauvière gave up the straight trailing edge.

Regards,
              PM
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks all for your input. My research shows that Paragon changed (slightly) their symbol over the years. The symbol is quite worn and hard to identify many of the words. Just wondering if someone can identify the years that design was stamped. Also is it significant that the stamp was on all 4 sides of the metal? Thinking maybe metal was stamped and then installed on prop. Maybe at a later date????

Comment

Final resting ground

After 1200 mile trip, finally got her home. Thanks to all for input on the prop. I’ll continue to research and hopefully find a manufacture date.

P.s. I cut my drywall. Installed 2 2x12 plates between the studs. Refinished drywall. Then used 10” timber screws on the 8 holes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Also wondering.... can anyone identify the wood. I was thinking maple?????

Comment

Working...
                    X