Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&S Aircraft Co. Propeller

Good Day,
    I'm just new to the forum and thought I'd post my propeller for interested parties and conversation. What I have is an "S&S Aircraft Co." small propeller approx. 30" long. Perhaps it's a salesman sample. It has markings of 3-1003 and 200 on the front of the blades and is the 8 bolt hub pattern. It has the fabric tips and black paint on the back as some of the large production propellers. The interesting part is that I believe it to be a factory employee "trophy" for the S&S 5 PIN bowling team.
    It has a center, I'll call it "spinner" that has been created to fit the center hole and is engraved "Glidders 1942-43 (Top) / S&S 5 PIN (center) / C. Fisher (bottom). Perhaps Mr. or Mrs. Fisher was the winner that year or the "Trophy" was in his or her honour. I would like to ask... could it be a saleman sample? or did they make some this small and any other information on S&S that is out there.
    Thanks,
    Derek
    Attached Files

It could be a salesman's sample, but it could also be for a target drone. I don't know how many propeller salesmen there were, especially around WW2 when many props were produced under government contracts.

Comment

Working...
    X