Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure if it was made like that or not

Comment

No, definitely not. That would create a huge stress riser at a point where centrifugal forces are concentrated and could result in separation of the blades. It renders it completely non-airworthy (not that it matters, since most of them aren't still airworthy anyway) but it does signficantly detract from any value to a collector.

It looks as if someone may have begun to cut it down to transport it, and it looks like the cut was made on the face side (where the decals are) rather than the rear, where it least it wouldn't be visible in a display mode.
      Dave

Comment

The line on face is on the oppisite side as the decals, so for display purposes, it would not be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris I. View Post
          The line on face is on the oppisite side as the decals, so for display purposes, it would not be seen.
          Well, that helps.
          Dave

Comment

Hartzell ATC 457 Prop

There is one of these hanging in the office of a fellow coworker. Serial number is 25013, ATC 457, Design 707-30190(hard to read).
            Attached Files

Comment

More data on AT-17 prop

I own one of these props, given to me by my father in law. He was a B-17/24 pilot and navigator. He trained on the AT-17 for multi-engine. I found this web site http://www.cessnat50.org/manuals.html. It contains the Cessna manuals for the plane. Check out pages 157-158.

Does anyone have a picture of this prop mounted on a BL-17 or AT-17. I've searched on the net, but haven't found one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDad View Post
                Does anyone have a picture of this prop mounted on a BL-17 or AT-17. I've searched on the net, but haven't found one.
                I think that the reason these props are so common is that they were produced in large numbers then quickly made obsolete by the introduction of metal variable pitch propellers for that engine. That's why most of the photographs of the Bamboo Bomber show the metal props.
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X