Hartzell propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell propeller

This is what I found in the garage attic. I had planned on posting more pics but the site only allows one at a time?. I have spent over an hr trying to post more than one but it won't allow it. It's a Hartzell , 9' long, and looks to have never been used. Says Wright Aaviation on the hub
    Attached Files

Hartzell

Well here's another one
    Attached Files

Comment

Hartzell

And another one
      Attached Files

Comment

Hartzell prop

And yet another one
        Attached Files

Comment

Hartzell propeller

And here is another one
          Attached Files

Comment

Hartzell

Would anyone know of what plane this could have been used on ( the previous pics). And what it's value would be?. Thanks

Comment

Not sure but looks cool. U planning to sell it?

Comment

It's strange to see no decals on it, and early Hartzell propellers were made with walnut, not oak.
                Dave

Comment

Hartzell

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  It's strange to see no decals on it, and early Hartzell propellers were made with walnut, not oak.
                  After doing some research this may be an early experimental prop.
                  It also appears this maybe made for a dirigible, how cool is that! I have some more digging around to do on this, hopefully finding out if it was made for a plane or a Hindenburg.
                  I know it hasn't seen the light of day since the 1950's, I found it still wrapped up in brown paper, it looks to have never been installed

Comment

Originally posted by ekstasis837 View Post
                    Not sure but looks cool. U planning to sell it?
                    I haven't thought about doing that, I guess I could, you interested ?

Comment

Working...
                    X