Identify used by Sensenich club prop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify used by Sensenich club prop.

A Sensenich 4-bladed wood propeller was donated to us and we are trying to find the application. The ID is TC4AD-52 S/N 58488. It appears to be cut down to 48.5' Dia. and looks like a club.

Can you post a picture? That may actually be the original diameter, particularly as there was rarely a reason to shorten them, unlike aircraft mounted props. A club pro will typically have the same pitch all along the blade, unlike a serviceable prop which has a decreasing pitch the further you get from the hub.

I can try to look up that number when I get a chance in the next few days.

Comment

Sensenich club prop

I will post a picture. The diameter is currently 48.5" and has what appear to be sawn ends with no varnish on them. We believe that the number 52 at the end of the ID was the original diameter.

Comment

That's certainly a logical assumption. I'm not sure why tips of a test club would be cut down, though.

Comment

Sensenich club prop

Here are the photos
          Attached Files

Comment

I found my listing of Sensenich test clubs.

Model TC4AD-52 was used for a Warner Super Scarab 50A engine, rated for 145 HP at 2050 RPM.

I can copy that list if it's of any value to you. (Printer is down at the moment.) There's an interesting note on that page that says:

"All test clubs must be calibrated for the individual test stand or test house installation. The accepted method is to "cut down" test lubs to the required diameter. For that reason all Sensenich test clubs are designed over size."

I guess that answers my earlier statement about not being sure why one would be cut down.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. It is a great help.
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X