Propeller I.D. needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller I.D. needed

A friend gave me this old prop found in his grandad's barn and I plan to donate it to my EAA chapter for display. I'd like to provide a plaque with some information about the prop. People have asked what kind of airplane and engine it was made for. How old it might be and the name of the manufacturer.

The prop is 8' long and is made of four laminations of oak. The hub is 7.5" Diameter and 3.25" thick with an eight bolt pattern. The tip is covered with copper. I can't find any stamps on the hub at all.

Thank you for any information you can provide. This prop will be an exciting addition to our chapter building.

Sincerely,
    Mark
    Attached Files

It can't be identified with certainty, but my guess is that it's most likely the same as this Burgess propeller, and I've seen several others over the years, some with Burgess decals on the blades. Yours has apparently been re-varnished.

Another possibility is this Standard J1, also 8 feet in length. Many designs look similar, so without stamped identification you just can't be sure what you have.

Comment

Working...
    X