Help with Paragon Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Paragon Propeller

Just purchased this and wanted to see if anyone had any information. 84" and I am thinking it is pre-1917. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Strange, it doesn’t appear to have any bolt holes.
    Any markings stamped on the hub?

Comment

Originally posted by Mtskull View Post
      Strange, it doesn’t appear to have any bolt holes.
      Any markings stamped on the hub?
      7x5.00
      Right Hand

Comment

Usually when you see one that has not been center bored and has not been drilled for the hub bolts it means that it was rejected in the manufacturing process. I don't know about "pre" 1917, but it was likely manufactured around that time.

There were thousands of this design made, many of them never installed for reasons that aren't clear to me, although this is shorter than most of them, which were commonly 8 feet and either three or four inches in diameter. They were replaced by "toothpick" style props, which used less lumber to construct and were therefore less expensive.

I'm guessing it's this one on eBay?

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
          Usually when you see one that has not been center bored and has not been drilled for the hub bolts it means that it was rejected in the manufacturing process. I don't know about "pre" 1917, but it was likely manufactured around that time.

There were thousands of this design made, many of them never installed for reasons that aren't clear to me, although this is shorter than most of them, which were commonly 8 feet and either three or four inches in diameter. They were replaced by "toothpick" style props, which used less lumber to construct and were therefore less expensive.

I'm guessing it's this one on eBay?
          Correct, I purchased it a few days ago. Love the history! Thanks for information.

Comment

Working...
          X