Identify an old prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify an old prop

I would appreciate help with an old wodden propeller that I have. The numbers on it are as follows: DES 90C, Ser 9537, HP 145, RPM 2050, 90" Dia, and it has an 8 bolt pattern. It is in very good condition. It's been in storage for 30 plus years and I have no idea what the value might be. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Tx, Wayne25

All I could find is that it's the same type certificate as Model 90A (Sensenich), TC518, which matches that size, but the certificate expired on August 10, 1944.

Its value depends entirely on what condition it's in. If it has the original decals and has not been refinished, I would guess something in the $400 to $800 range.

Can you post a picture?
    Dave

Comment

Identify an old prop

Wayne.
      DES is a desination used by Flottorp pre 1944. The Flottorp 90" prop was made in 54 to 70 pitch and the thickness of the hub was only 4". They were made with 5 laminations of birch and were tipped with either stainless steel or copper. The bore was standard at 2 11/16" and had eight 3/8"bolts on a 5 1/4" bolt circle, but this could vary between engines. Measure these and see if it matches.
      Daves right. A couple of pictures would really help. Also see if there is any remains of a decal left on the prop blade. Even an outline of a decal could help identify it.
      Thanks.
      Bob

Comment

Wayne25 pics

Dave,
        Thanks again for offering to help. Again this is a prop with the following details on it: DES 90C, Ser 9537, HP 145, RPM 2050, 90" Dia. 8 bolt pattern with bolts in a dia. of 5 1/4" around hub, 3 1/4" bore thru hub, and 3/8" bolt dia. Metal tipped wings looks like steel.

Could you copy bhunt for me. He responded earlier and I wanted him to see pics too.
        Many thanks,Wayne25
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X