Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chauviere decals;

Pierre-Michel,

I am proof-reading part three of my series on British WW1 Propellers. It covers makers from Farringdon (a minor prop maker) to Lang, who was the scion of British prop making.

Could you read through the chapter on The Integral Propeller Co to see if I have made any errors?

As well as the British company it describes Lucien Chauviere's seminal work on prop design in France from 1908 to 1912 and the companies he established in Germany and Russia. There was also one in Poland about which I have discovered nothing so far. Have you any information on the Russian or Polish companies?

And my last request for help is; do you have good photographs of the 1920 and 1930 French Chauviere decals? Mine are not very good.

Avec le Respect,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Hi Bob,

Think I am very far of your knowledge about Chauvière: Don't know anything about Russian and Polish companies, and I am sure you know many more than me about Deutsch one. I will check on the picture I have recently made of some Chauvière adds if there is anything.***

About the decals, I think Chauvière had exactly the same one from ~1912 to after WW2 : we have two pre-WW1 props supposed in original state (one serial 1320 and ane serial 1330) and a 1945 one (serial 6003) with exactly the same INTÉGRALE * B.S.G.D.G. * PATENT * D.R.P. * decal: I will send you pictures by mail.

BUT: it seems Chauvière, for some props made "in association" with others, used different decals. I know one serial 5297 with Chauvière-Farmann decal, one serial 6044 and one serial 6051, both with Chauvière-OLEAR-Berger decals. And it seems also there are some Chauvière props made by Merville just before WW2.

I know two or three Chauvière from around 1925/30, but for the decals, only their shape are visible (the standard one).

I never saw in France the decal with the signature inside.

Regards,
    PM

***But I will read the Chauvière chapter with a great pleasure!

Comment

Hi Bob and Pierre-Michel,

There are many existing propellers manufactured in Poland signed INTEGRALE WARSZAWA. I did't find documents but I think Integrale later became Szomanski who was the main Polish propeller manufacturer before second world war. On the pictures below you can find Integrale marking, Ikar decal (common to the Integrale and Szomanski propellers) and Tonkilaque decal from propeller dated 22 August 1928.

Regards
      Ryszard

Comment

Sparow, thank you very much for those pictures.

I never seen the "Tonkilaque Varsovie" decal, and didn't know Tonkilaque-SELT had a factory in Poland. May I use your picture in my (future) book ?

Regards,
        PM

Comment

Yes, of course. I'll check my photograph collection and I think I can send you more.

Regards
          Ryszard

Comment

Hello Ryszard,

Many thanks for these photographs. Might I use them too in my book? I'm aware that Chauviere set up companies called Integral in France, Britain, Germany and Russia (there's an Integral decal on the Russian flying boat in the museum in Krakow). And I have seen a Polish integral decal there as well. I think there were also Integral companies in Austria and Italy but I have no proof of this yet.

With kind regards,

Bob
            Bob Gardner
            Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
            http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Hi Bob,

You can use my pictures too. I forgot to write in my prevoius post that the propeller was made for Potez XXV.

The decal shown below was placed on the Potez XV propeller made by Integrale Warszawa.

Regards
              Ryszard

Comment

Hi Bob, feel free to use the Chauviere decal photos that I recently provided for my Graham-White/Farman Propeller if they are of any use to you. Joe

Comment

Working...
                X