Gipsy Major 1 propeller identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gipsy Major 1 propeller identification

Hi, I have had this propellor for almost 10 years and only recently decided to research its origin. I am located in Sydney, Australia.

Pictures attached.

I make the markings out as:
    GIPSY MAJOR 1
    PA789

D 6FT
    P. 4.33FT

I acquired this propellor from a man in Adelaide, Australia who collects AFC and RAF items. He told me this propeller came from an estate where he acquired an AFC log book and personal affects in 2003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John
    Attached Files

How clearly can you decipher the number "PA789"? That doesn't appear on this list, although you can see that there are a lot of Gipsy Major props listed there.

In that case usually your best hope is to find numbers on that list that look close to yours and then see if the numbers on yours are a little different. If that drawing number is clear that we probably cannot identify it.

Comment

Thanks. I am not 100% confident in the PA789. It could be BA and my numbers may be off too.

I did reference the list prior to posting and couldn't find a match. There is a possibility the PA is actually BA for B.A. Eagle but I don't know enough about propellers to determine this.

Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Not sure what the re-sale market is for propellers but I thought I would share that I recently sold this propeller for $1,500. It went to a wedding venue looking for a propeller to style one of their rooms.

Comment

I'd say you came out pretty well on that sale, but the buyer is probably happy for their purpose as well, so that's always a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbahnson View Post
            I'd say you came out pretty well on that sale, but the buyer is probably happy for their purpose as well, so that's always a good deal.
            What one could call a result.

Comment

Working...
            X