Schauss propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schauss propeller

I'm new to collecting wooden propellers. I would like to know if anyone knows about Al Schauss propellers. Thanks in advance, Scott

I haven't come across them. Do you have any other information?
    Dave

Comment

I'll try posting pics. Maybe I can figure out how to
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you figured it out . . .

It certainly looks like a modern propeller, and the decal hints at custom manufacturing.

Of note is that it is a left hand thread rather than the usual right hand configuration. That will often indicate a pusher configuration, a geared engine, or an "opposite turning" motor design, such as if often seen in some of the British engines.

The hub configuration may also help (e.g. number of bolt holes), as well as the length from tip to tip.
        Dave

Comment

It's a 64" diameter. Here's the hub.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think it's most likely an ultralight propeller. That diameter is too small fo any of the common certificated aircraft.
            Dave

Comment

Dave, thanks for your help. I guess this is an ok prop to start out with. I love airplanes and all things aviation, so this seems to be a good starting point. I hope to find a deal on a sensenich or similar maybe around 70" - 90" range used in original condition to step up to next.

Comment

Working...
              X