View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
Dbahnson
Administrator
Site Admin

I know, Bob. It's frustrating some times. But although this email that I got last week was addressed to me, you should certainly share in the expression of appreciation for what we are doing here.

Quote:
Mr. Bahnson,

A few of us have been referencing your web site for some time now. You certainly have a wealth of knowledge here from your collection. We just celebrated our 100 year anniversary. One of the things we just did was to find and bring home a 1917 Liberty propeller for liberty engine that we made. Your photos show that you own one also. Yours is serial number 2684, ours is 2539. We are currently preparing to mount for display in our factory here in Piqua. Have you ever visited us and toured our facility? I think you would enjoy that.

I just found a neat photo of US Navy airmen working on a Curtiss H-16 air boat with one of these propellers. You can see the rivets and even our sticker on it. I would like to chat with you some day. If you have any paperwork like old Hartzell propeller listings, or propeller catalogs, photos, old lists of which prop for which engine or aircraft, or such we would love to read them. Some of our early data is difficult to obtain and is desired.

Look to hear from you sometime.

Joseph A. Simmons | Manager | Engineering Test Laboratory | 937.778.4235

Hartzell Propeller Inc | 350 Washington Ave. | Piqua, Ohio 45356 | 937.778.4200 | www.hartzellprop.com
Dbahnson is offline   Reply With Quote