large forum (1800) few answers, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• large forum (1800) few answers, why?

Hi There, I figured since this forum has more than 1800 members, perhaps I could get some feedback regarding my "found" wooden prop. I know it's probably not of any value, but I guess I expected more than one response. Just wondering if I should keep checking back, or if I should give up. Help!
    Roly

Well, don't be fooled by the number of members. Many of them have never posted and in fact aren't even people. They're fake members registered by bots trying to insert spam randomly on sites like this. Many are just transferred over from the old software, and it's hard to delete them without deleting legitimate users at the same time. Some of the other members just post their question, get an answer or don't get an answer, then move on.

On top of that, there are thousands of propellers that simply can't be identified other than within a broad category. It's hard to add any new info when there really isn't anything else known. I don't think from the description of yours that it is even an aircraft propeller, as Lamar has suggested in his response. A picture might help. We don't know what it even looks like.

I don't know about giving up, but you might not find anything else no matter where you look. That's just the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by Dave; 12-14-2008, 11:44 PM.
    Dave

Comment

A thank you for enlightening me

Hi Dave, I want to thank you for your kind and gentle response regarding my quest to obtain any info on my 10 ft prop. I hear you, and I don't want to offend anyone, and perhaps I could have worded my post better. I am a bit of a novice on this PC thing, and posting pics may require some help from my daughter. I'll have her take pics and she'll help me get them posted.

As an aside, I guess I am a bit spoiled, since I am very involved in a huge teardrop trailer forum, and many of us regularly respond to newbie's questions about obtaining, building, restoring or buying these light-weight travel trailers that started it all. In the event that you are remotely interested, you can check out our old teardrop and tiny travel trailer website here: www.mikenchell.com/forums

Thank you for your time and your dedication to researching old props.

Roly, designer, builder and user of the 1/2 Nelson 8ft woody teardrop trailer

Comment

Working...
      X