Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What propeller is this? Any help is appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What propeller is this? Any help is appreciated!

I received this prop from my uncle. He’s now got dementia and is no help in determining what aircraft it came from. It’s a little over 13’ in diameter, has 8 bore center, brass edgings, and stickers that say “U.S. Propellers, Inc”. Anyone have any ideas?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Are there no numbers stamped on it? Without those it's virtually impossible to identify its usage. At 13 feet it's getting into dirigible territory, but could be for a fixed wing aircraft as well.

Comment

We searched all over it & found no markings on it. At one time, my uncle stated that it was from a pre-WW1 bi-plane, but we’re not sure how reliable that info is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rndvanloon View Post
        We searched all over it & found no markings on it. At one time, my uncle stated that it was from a pre-WW1 bi-plane, but we’re not sure how reliable that info is.
        That would be very unlikely by virtue of its size, unless possibly from an early airship. I'd have to research a bit more, but I doubt that U.S. Propellers was even in existence prior to WW1.

Comment

Thank you for your information. We really know nothing about it, and my uncle (who always said, “A good story never depends on the truth”), now has dementia. I am open to any suggestions to get answers.

Comment

Working...
          X