Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help idenifiying freedman burnham propeller see pics..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help idenifiying freedman burnham propeller see pics..

hello, im new to this forum. i recently aquired a very cool proprller, and am hoping to learn somthing new.. this propeller is made by the freedman burnham engineering co. and labled as so, perhaps an advertisement piece, but not shure, it is 2 pcs. 35" long. for a total of about 70" has no hub. and a brass edge. they are both stamped rejected an curious how his efffects the value and if these would be only decorative or would they actually be used today if not stamped rejected. i am also curiouse to age, value, as what i might to expect if i sold them on ebay, and perhaps what type of plane they would have been intended for..they have markings as follows. pat. pend. ser. no. b-178 ato no. 720 p-206 - 72 the other is basically the same but last number is p-206a - 72 and believe they may be pc-203 or px-203's any info would be greatly appreciated..thanks very much..i cant figure out how to ad pics, it is in very good original condition. my email is kmurban@comcast.net if you email me ill send pics direct.. or if i could email them to someone that could post them for me..thanks guys..

You can email them to me. I'd be more than happy to post them here for you. Just click on the email button under this post.

Comment

sent pics..did you get ?

Here are your pictures:

Comment

These are blades from a ground adjustable prop. That is, the pitch can be adjusted while the prop is not moving. They originally were to have a separate hub mechanism. Since they are marked "reject" they are for display purposes only and at some point were deemed not airworthy. I have no idea if they were rejected during the manufacturing process or were used then rejected during a subsequent inspection. The only info I can find on design PC-203 is that it was used on a Culver Cadet plane. They may have been used on others, too. The fact they are marked reject may adversely affect the value. As to how much they might sell for on eBay, that's really anyone's guess. I've seen Freedman-Burnham props listed but infrequently and I've not tracked the final sales price.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
        X