Sensenich Propeller Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Propeller Identification

I just acquired a Sensenich Corp. wooden propeller at a flea market and I am trying to find out the year of manufacture and possible airplanes that it was made for. This is a 44 inch long propeller and looks like it has never been installed!! It is in mint condition.
    Stamped onto one blade is Sensenich Corp.
    Stamped onto the other blade is:
    P/N 22048
    Model No: 276-17
    Serial No: 13846
    It has a tapered hub with a six bolt hexagonal pattern.
    Anything you can tell me about this propeller would be helpful. Thank you.

It's for a drone aircraft (unmanned aerial vehicle). That model seems quite common, suggesting that a very large volume of them were sold off as surplus at some point.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks for the information so far. Do you know about what year this was made? Thanks again!

Comment

No, I don't.

If I had to guess I'd say it was probably in the 40's or 50's. You might try contacting Sensenich to see if they can fill you in. Let us know what you find if you do.
        Dave

Comment

Here is what I received from Sensenich. Very interesting information!!
          Thanks for all of your help!

The propeller was used on a Northrop target drone. I have included 2 links
          below with additional information. I do not have any records to indicate the
          exact manufacturing date however I believe it to be between 1932 and 1942.

http://www.wmof.com/kd2r5.htm

http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-33.html

Regards,

Charley Denny
          Sensenich Propeller Technical Support
          2008 Wood Court
          Plant City, FL 33563
          813-752-3711
          813-752-2818 Fax

Comment

Nice work.

That's a useful link for others, and we do seem to get a lot of questions about the drone props. Thanks for passing it on.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X