Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich 70 ab 56

another what is it post

i have an old Sensenich wooden prop with the SB logo.
    the best I can make out the numbers is 70 ab 56 ser 55621 90 hp 2500 RPM

i know the 70 is the length and 56 the pitch but cant find anything on the ab code.

anyone know what its from and maybe the value.
    thanks

The letters and/or numbers between the diameter and pitch on Sensenich props have special significance. By example:

"T5" denotes the propeller was telescoped down in diameter from an original design of 76 inches

"H" denotes the propeller blade shape and airfoil design

"Z" denotes the propeller drilling pattern

Unfortunately I have no idea what "AB" means. Sorry.

Lamar

Comment

stumped

it must have everyone stumped.

i looked again in bright light and yes it is AB. its a little hard to read with the bubbled varnish.
      Onthe back of the hub is the serial number again along with the number 79

Comment

You wouldn't believe how many propellers don't conform to the "published" specs. These propeller manufacturers made thousands of copies of the more common drawing numbers. In between, they made a few offbeat designs that never got recorded.

Collectively, we've been stumped many times before, and will be stumped many times in the future.
        Dave

Comment

sensenich wooden props

Hi Dave and others,
          i too have an old sensenich got in touch with the co. in Florida and even they could not help me??? they mfg. it in the 30s has the serial number and 40 HP still airworthy good condition RPM 2575 might have been used on an Aronca in the 30s. any idea Dave on value?

Comment

Working...
          X