Information wanted on 2 propellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information wanted on 2 propellers

We received two propellers as a gift. We would like to have some additional information concerning both, if possible, as well as their value.

The link to the pictures is below...

The shorter one and first one pictured is 42" long and the hub is 3 1/2" deep. The markings on this propeller include: "U.S. Propellers, Inc." and "DES 479-4" and "SER XX099".

The longer one and second one pictured is 69" long and the hub is 2" deep. The only markings are the numbers "72" and "36" stamped on the propeller.

Any assistance anyone can give would be so appreciated. Thank you! Here is the link: http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr245/piperj-plane/

I believe both to be drone props. U.S. Propeller made primarily drone props and the red tips are another indicator. Please see www.woodenpropeller.com/UAV_Propellers.html. In addition, 42" is way too small for a standard aircraft.

Lamar

Comment

I think the "x"s on the U.S. Propeller are actually "2"s, and that's a very common drone prop model number, although I don't know for what drone.

The thickness of the hub and the markings on the 2nd prop suggests that it may be for an ultralight or similar usage. Many of those have only 4 bolt holes on the hub.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X