Sensenich Wooden Propeller... Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Wooden Propeller... Please Help

My late stepfather left behind a Sensenich Wooden Propeller that I would like to know more about, if you can help.

The immediate visible nomenclature on it is as follows:

DES 90HSP90

SER 40030

HP 160

RPM 1850

I’m no expert, but, aside from some bubbled varnish on the wooden portion, it appears to be in excellent condition, and I can send pics if needed.

I was wondering what aircraft it was designed for, it’s approximate value, if any, and who might have an interest in it?

Can you please help?

edward.chambers3@verizon.net

I can't seem to find that exact number in the lisitngs, but it comes close to one on Lamar's site listing, showing it for a Ryan or a PT22. (Actually, I just found another listing that shows a 90HASP90 model that does fit a Ryan PT22. The "A" just denotes hub type and may not be important.)

The first 90 should be the length in inches, the "H" is the blade type, the "S" indicates an integral spinner, and the "P" means that the spinner is covered with plywood. The last 90 is the pitch in inches.

Generally those seem to sell on eBay for somewhere around $400 to $700, with a lot of variation, though. It's best to leave it in original condition.

Maybe Lamar or someone else will have a more positive ID.
    Dave

Comment

Dave is right on the money in every particular.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
      X