Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a wood prop for my Stinson 108-3

Hello, this seems to be the right forum for my problem :

I operate a Stinson Voyager 108-3 and would like to replace the Sensenich metal prop with a wood prop. I know Sensenich manufactures nice wood props, but I'm not convinced by the quality of their recent production (especially in terms of cleanliness of the airfoil) and would like to look at other options.

Falcon prop are really nice but they won't have a model for the 165 HP Franklin engine, only for the 150 HP.

The TCDS of the aircraft leaves however a large amount of freedom on the prop to use, it says : any wood prop matching the diameter/static rpm/eligible power is acceptable.

Any ideas on where to find a good wood prop manufacturer of good reputation ?

Thanks a lot,

Henri.

I have a friend with a Waco and two with Stearmans, and all three swear by MT wooden props from http://www.flight-resource.com/?gcli...QUjGgod2R63ew4

Lamar

Comment

You might talk to Guy Watson, Wings of History Air Museum in San Martin, CA. They are a licensed FAA repair facility and fabricate & restore wooden propellers. Open Tues. and Thurs. 408-683-2290
      Dwight

Comment

Working...
      X