Sensenich Propeller Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Propeller Info?

I know I have found the right group after reading through some of the posts. The website had some great info on propellers but I couldn't identify my particular propeller. My father-in-law recently gave me a Sensenich Bros propeller and this is the information engraved on it.
    Des: 70AF56
    Ser: 47125
    HP: 80
    RPM: 2500

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone who can tell me a little bit more about this propeller. Year mfg? Possible engine / aircraft? Any knowlege you could share would be great. After looking at some of the pics posted I would say it is in above-average completely original condition.
    Thanks again to anyone who responds!!

I believe your prop is for a Culver LFA aircraft with a Franklin 4AC engine. For an example see http://www.ibeatyouthere.com/culver/tcds.html. It was manufactured between 1932 and 1942.

Lamar

Comment

Very cool... I knew someone would know right off.
      Is there anyway of knowing the exact year of mfg based on the desc & serial numbers?
      Thanks again for your quick response.
      I'll try to post a pic of the prop before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by cngleason
        Is there anyway of knowing the exact year of mfg based on the desc & serial numbers?
        In this case and in most it isn't possible to be more precise given the data available from Sensenich.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
        X