Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1944 Hartzell For Sale

Greetings,
    I am a Buddhist monk attending a monastery in the Sierra foothills. One of our lay members recently donated a wooden propeller to us in hopes that we could sell it to help support the monastery. The propeller is a Hartzell in very good condition. I don’t think it has ever been used. But it does have a few scratches and bruises from being moved around. It also has a small nick on one of the edges. Both labels are there, although one has been scratched so that part of it is missing. The only thing that I can find that might detract from the value are two small screw holes on the back of the hub. One is 1/4 inch deep and the other is 1/2 inch deep. The AAF Design No. is 44K13397 and the serial number is 38362. Apparently this means that it was designed in 1944 for the military. I do not plan to do anything to clean it up. I’ll let the new owner deal with that. I have three questions. What would you estimate is the fair market value of the propeller? Is eBay the best location for selling this prop or are there other locations where it would be exposed to a larger number of collectors? Can you provide any more useful information about this propeller? Thank you for any help that you can provide. You have a really great web site here.

1. Those generally sell in the $600 to $900 range, but is highly dependent on actual condition.
    2. I think eBay is currently the fastest and best way to sell something like this, and clearly will expose it to the largest number of bidders in the shortest time.
    3. It was built for a Fairchild UC-61, using a Warner Super Scarab 165 hp engine. Photo below.

Dave

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. The information you gave has been very helpful. It made it possible to Google and get all kinds of additional historical information, etc. Thanks for the photo too. It's nice to know what it looked like when it was in use.
      Rev. McKinney

Comment

Hello, I listed this propeller on eBay today (Thurs. 10/11/2007). The auction is for 10 days. The auction is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=016 . Thank you for all of your help. I don't think I could have done this without your assistance.

Comment

Working...
        X