Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help with my propeller hub identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with my propeller hub identification.

[ATTACH]image.jpg[/ATTACH]

Please forgive my inability to upload photos, I will continue trying. My propeller boss is a large four blade wooden seinsenich with eight bolt holes. It has the following information embossed onto it.

Model TC4EA-79
    Serial number 76666
    For HO??????? OR DOUBLE WASPS1A4G
    I have just noticed tonight a very small anchor separating the letters US.

As I said it is a very large wooden boss, without the blades approximately 400mm diameter, 230mm deep. I have not weighed the boss, but I would estimate it at around 25kg. It is made up of 12 layers of wood and the visible construction is very impressive.

I will aim to upload more photographs and any information would be very much appreciated.
    Please be aware that I know little or nothing about propellers or aircraft engines so please have this in mind when replying. I bought the prop boss recently as it is a very attractive item and I have become interested in investigating its use. Thank you.
    Last edited by hellboymongoose; 11-08-2015, 05:49 PM. Reason: Add text

info

I know little or nothing about propellers, aircraft or their engines and any information about the boss or understanding the markings on it however vague would be very appreciated. Thank you, Martin.

Comment

I'm just guessing, since those aren't standard Sensenich format numbers, that it may have been for a "test club" propeller, designed to be used on ground testing of engines.

How did you determine that it was manufactured by Sensenich?

Comment

Thanks

Seinsenich is written on the propeller along with the other text that I included. Thank you for the reply, any other information is appreciated. Is the double wasp an engine type.

Comment

Working...
        X