Prop ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop ID help

I am looking for some help identifying a prop from my great grandfather who has passed more then 50 years ago. I originally thought the prop I had was Early, due to the name McCook Field stamped on the prop, which I thought represented the McCook experimental military airfield in Ohio. Also, the wood is a darker color that does not have a shine on it, and it has a copper band from the tips down part go the edge, but it only has 6 holes so I am assuming it is modern.

There are 3 sets of numbers on it as well.

x23311
    as 109719
    image1.jpg

image4.JPG

image3.JPG

image2.jpg

I would appreciate any help. Thank you kindly.

It's probably post WW1 but may not be much later than that. A photo of the entire prop might help.

I can't find any reference to any of those numbers. The letter "X" was often used as a prefix for experimental models. The number sequence suggests an early (i.e. 1920s or so) manufacture, but that's pure speculation at this point.

Comment

Wow, this is great. I will take a couple photos of the entire prop, and post them. I really appreciate the help. My father and I have been trying to figure this out for some time. My great grandfather was a Naval Officer, and kept the prop for many years. When he passed, his wife gave the prop to my father, but she did not really know anything about it. He was not a collector and never really kept anything as memorabilia from his time in the War or his Naval career, so our assumption remains that he obviously kept it for a reason. What? We would love to know.

Comment

How long is it from tip to tip?

Comment

Working...
        X