PDA

View Full Version : WW1 propellor manufacturer

Brendon
05-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Who makes propellors authentic and functional for world war one planes? Has anyone had any bad experiences , or can they recommend anyone ? The reason Im asking is because my brother builds them down here in New Zealand. He has no website. Yet hes designed and built quite alot . Pilots are very happy with the the foxprops ,(as he calls them). Personally I feel he undersells himself and I would like to know what demand there is out there for a quallity product

Dave
05-09-2015, 10:45 AM
One source that I have recommended in the past is Chad Wille at St. Croix Propellers (http://stcroix.50webs.com/) in Iowa, U.S.A. There is clearly some demand for them, as most people would be reluctant to use an original propeller on an authentic antique or replica aircraft.

maxim08
05-27-2015, 08:57 PM
I agree with Dave, Chad is a very good builder and only builds propellers for early aircraft. His work is excellent.

As far as WW 1 propellers go, I have built 3 (some info available in an earlier thread on Heine props) and a good friend has built 6+. All of these used traditional techniques and woods etc. Are you looking for answers to building questions or seeking buyers? Does your brother work with TVAL?

Regards
John