D.h gipsy 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.h gipsy 1

Hi, i have a propeller with the following stamps.

DRG NO D.H 5180/1
    ISSUE 14
    D.H. GIPSY 1
    L.H

The other side is stamped.

D 6'-4" P5' 1" FEB/31
    A.C.G. NO 21070

Please give any imformation you can.
    Best regards Paul.

Please refer to the drawing number of your prop at www.woodenpropeller.com/Britishprops.htm.

Lamar

Comment

Thank you lamar.The next obvious question is, does the prop hold any value?
      Best regards Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by carpy100 View Post
        Thank you lamar.The next obvious question is, does the prop hold any value?
        Best regards Paul.
        It could range from a few dollars to several hundred dollars. It depends very, very heavily on its condition.
        Dave

Comment

Thanks guys.I have just realised this is an American forum!
          Any ideas as to where I could put this up for sale in the UK?
          Best regards Paul.

Comment

I think eBay is your best bet there as well. It should get a lot of views, and you can also list it on U.S. eBay. Shipment from England to the U.S. using IPSparcel.com will usually cut the door to door shipping cost almost in half, and you won't need a broker. I've shipped quite a few propellers internationally and have been pleased with the service and the price.
            Dave

Comment

Great info.Thank you Dave.
              Best regards Paul.

Comment

So,can I find out which exact aircraft this was fitted on? Also what does the issue no.14 refer too?what is a drg no. ?
                Please excuse my ignorance,the more I look at it the more fascinated I'm becoming!
                Best regards Paul.

Comment

Now on UK.eBay.Will ship to U.S
                  Kind regards Paul.

Comment

Hint: Most people search under "wooden propeller", so with those keywords you will like get 400% more views than its current title.
                    Dave

Comment

hi everyone little help please. i have a granby wooden propeller. its stats are ser #E2230 G-LA-6130 8 holes 6 and a quarter thick 88 in long brass edged and has granby aviation stamped on can anyone tell the value and witch plane it might of come from

Comment

Originally posted by gerrymageau View Post
                        hi everyone little help please. i have a granby wooden propeller. its stats are ser #E2230 G-LA-6130 8 holes 6 and a quarter thick 88 in long brass edged and has granby aviation stamped on can anyone tell the value and witch plane it might of come from
                        See this post and this page on valuation.
                        Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X