what plane is my prop off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what plane is my prop off

My prop is 96 inchs long 8 hole paturn, black with yellow tips. It has a sticker. Erco Engineering River Dale Maryland. Trying to find serial # How many numbers should there be and where would they be. I would be thankful for any info.

Photos added by Lamar:

I seriously doubt that a serial number would help. Can you post pictures here? Or email them to me using the little email button below and I'll post them for you. Something else that may help is to post the measurements of your prop hub as described here: http://www.woodenpropeller.com/Hubmeasure.html

Comment

Posted pictures above.

Comment

It's an unusual hub for that era, so I imagine it's going to be an unusual airplane that used it. I'm not sure when ERCO got started. The propeller has features that are similar to some built in the late teens and twenties, although I doubt that it is from that era.
        Dave

Comment

reply on age

I Don't know what year it is from. I got an offer and i was just hoping i could see if it was in the ball park. Thanks for any info.

Comment

I just learned that Engineering and Research Corporation (ERCO) was started in 1930.

Lamar

Comment

I have a nearly identical prop, but mine has no decal and is 93" long.
              It does have a metal tag with the following info on it:
              ERCO Serial F626
              DRG 3081.2
              DIA 7' 9" R975
              R3/44 SMC

I assume R975 is the engine, in this case a Wright Whirlwind R975, wondering if anyone can confirm that?
              Wondering if the 44 in R3/44 refers to 1944?
              Limited research tells me the R975 was used on the North American BT-9 aircraft and others. Hoping someone out there can help determine what aircraft it was used on.

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X