Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Identify Fahlin JT 527 562 73" Prop please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify Fahlin JT 527 562 73" Prop please?

Hello,

I can't find a thing about the JT 527 362, the decal says it's from Air Associates Inc in Garden City, NY. It's all original, no cracks, leading edges are clean...

I'm curious about its origins, what it was for and if possible a ballpark of its value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Attached Files

I'm guessing that it is a custom job of some kind. Are there any other numbers stamped on it? What is the length from tip to tip?

You may not be able to positively identify it, but might be able to narrow down the possibilities.
    Dave

Comment

Thank you for the response, Dave. The only numbers that I can find are the JT 527 with 562 stamped under that. It's just shy of 74", approx 73.75", with a 2.25" center hole and a 6 bolt pattern.

Comment

I think the best theory I could come up with is that it's a variation of the original D - 562 models, which were all built under a Type Certificate # 681 and could be anywhere from 72" to 76". The hub would have a bolt circle diameter of 4 3/8", bolt holes of 3/8", hub diameter of 6 1/4", and hub thickness of 3 3/8". That's a pretty generic size and would be a fairly common prop used on Continental 65 HP engines, which could be used on a huge variety of planes like the PIper Cub, etc.

I'm guessing that it was a 562 model that was custom made, perhaps under some licensing agreement and that "JT 527" represents a serial number under a "JT" contract. All hypothetical, of course. You can check on eBay for similar props, and yours is in good original condition, so I'm guessing something in the $400 range or so, but not knowing the actual usage does make bidders much more cautious.
        Dave

Comment

Thank you Dave, that info gives me a far better starting point to run with. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.

Heath

Comment

Working...
          X