Sensenich Wooden Propeller 90HSP90 accepting offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Wooden Propeller 90HSP90 accepting offers

We have a Sensenich Propeller 90HSP90 (Serial No 55466), HP 160, RMP 1850, built between 1932 and 1942 from an Ryan PT 22 "Recruit" airplane. Propeller is approximately 91" in length. Additional pictures upon request. The varnish / paint finish has alligatored in various areas but there is no signs of any damage, i.e., structural cracks, significant dents, etc. A comparable wood prop but smaller (82" - for a WWII Grumman Widgeon) sold recently in November on EBAY for $1,902 (EBAY item number 360776894138 ends in the number eight) and the item had an excellent finish. Also, a similar 90HSP90 for a Ryan PT 22 sold on EBAY back in 2004 for $1,087. You may email offers to me at villaskehalani@gmail.com. We may consider placing on ebay within several weeks. Buyer pays for Shipping & handling using FedEx ground or UPS.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by golden-dome; 11-17-2013, 01:04 PM.

estimated selling value for this prop?

Can someone out there provide us with a rough estimate as to the selling price on ebay? Is ebay the best site to sell? My guess is ebay probably is given that we have not received any feedback. Thank You

Comment

Ebay clearly gets you the largest audience, and modern propellers have been selling very, very well over the past year or two.

See this link for some sales in 2011 and 2012. I've sold a few there, and I think the best strategy is to have a low opening bid and no reserve, as that seems to attract much higher interest and more active bidding, because many people think it's their best chance to get a bargain, and sometimes it is, so that's the risk you take. Be prepared for slow bidding at first and rapid bidding in the last few minutes and even seconds.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X