VE-7 Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VE-7 Prop

Just a request for info at this time. I have an unused prop for a Vought VE-7 aircraft...circa 1918-1920. The identification marks indicate a 108" length with a 96" pitch. It has a serial number and the old style USN markings also. The are no damaged areas on the prop...there is still cork in the bolt holes. I would be interested in any further info and, of course, some idea of its value.

VE-7 prop

Hello from Dennis in Seattle. I assume your prop looks like this one on this Vought VE-7 aircraft. I would like to see some photos of your prop, preferably taken outside in natural sunlight to show the details of the prop.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hicklin
    Seattle Washington.
    Attached Files

Comment

VE-7 Prop

Dennis....thanks for the reply to my inquiry. It does look like the picture you posted. I'll take some photos and post them in the next few days. I will need a little help getting it down from its perch atop a shelf in my gameroom...it's a bit unwieldy. I'll try to get shots of the markings as well. That's how I know it was specifically for the VE-7...it says so on the hub area along with the size and serial number. As I said, it's never been used. The brass leading edges are smooth and there is cork in the bolt holes. Darwin

Comment

I think that one of those sold on eBay within the last year, but maybe longer. The sale might be retrievable, and somewhere in my email archives I have an initial inquiry from the seller. It think it sold for something around $1000, but I really don't recall.
        Dave

Comment

VE-7 prop

Thanks for the info Dave. I'll see what I can find, although my first searches did not turn up much. I've had the prop for a long time along with a smaller, used prop probably for a Cub or something similar. It still has the hub and safety wire installed and resides over my fireplace. Really good old props seem to be harder to come by these days. So many have had severe damage or had a clock installed.

Comment

VE-7 Prop Update

Thanks to all who have commented about my prop. I do need to make a correction...it's actually 102" x 64". This is what happens when we go by memory rather than actually looking at the prop. I'll try to post some photos next. Maybe it will work.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X