german propellor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• german propellor

I have a propellor that has been hanging in the stairway's of a landhouse since the 20's. It was given as a weddingpresent.
    Does anybody know more about it and the value?
    I am really curious.
    Looking forward to reply's
    thanks from holland
    Attached Files

Goede avond Axel,

Your prop was made by the Eta company between 1917 and 1918. Props with similar dimensions were fitted to the Albatros DVa. Is the engine type recorded anywhere on the prop? It's likely to be a Mercedes DIII of 160ps. The fact that it is in the Nederland might suggest it came from an aircraft made by Anthony Fokker.

Herren Borrmann und Kaerting started a furniture making company in 1905 and became makers of propellers in 1910, one of the earliest in Germany, although Hugo Heine is regarded as the first.

They adopted the rather witty name of Eta, the fifth letter of the Greek alphabet (η), which in mathematics is the symbol for propeller efficiency. You can see this letter in the corners of the decal. They also used the mathematical notation for diameter, theta.

I'd like to include your prop in my book on German WW1 props. Could you send me some photographs in focus at a hi-res suitable for publication to aeroclocks at btinternetdotcom, written like this to avoid the spam bots.

The photo of the prop should be longitudinal across the page so that my written word will fit above and below it.

met vriendelijke Groeten,

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

It's so good to have Bob Gardner drop in here on the forum periodically!

Thanks, Bob. I don't know where we'd be on the subject of German (and European in general) propellers without you.
      Dave

Comment

german propellor

Thank you the info is very helpfull!
        Here some more pics.
        Do you think it has ever been used?
        what value are we talking of?
        I will get a good picture for you in high reso for info.
        thanks sooo much
        axel
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X