Stone Propeller Company(Supreme)-Wichita,KA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Propeller Company(Supreme)-Wichita,KA

I have inherited a 90 inch wooden propeller from my father. He was a combat pilot and was stationed in England in the early 60's. I believe he purchased this propeller in England and it was an antique at the time he purchased it. It has been in my family for almost 50 years. I have no idea what it's manufacture date is but it's decals (Stone Propeller Co.-Supreme) are intact and in excellent condition. The entire propeller is fully intact and in excellent condition. The following engravings are listed on the hub:
    Eng. R-755-9
    HP 225
    R.P.M. 2000
    AT 17
    DWG. NO. 43K13605
    S-6150

The propeller has 8 bolt holes in the hub and the hub is 6 inches thick.
    I don't actually know where he purchased it and neither does he. Unfortunately, he is a victim of Alzheimer's disease. I was going to keep the prop as a family heirloom, but, I was offered $6,200 today by a 'friend of a friend'. I figure this is a low ball offer because, no one ever starts with the premium price. If anyone can assist me and give me an actual price based on fact, I would greatly appreciate it. I may consider selling it. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Working...
X