Westmore Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westmore Propeller

I received the gift of a Westmore Propeller 8 bolt, 8'4" x 5", No. 2382, SC54232 yesterday. The person who gave it to me got it as a youngster from an aviator that nosed over his plane on landing. Instead of letting the artifact be discarded the youngster took claim to it and has had it since 1944. He was eleven at the time and is now 80. He remembers the person who owned it and remembers being told that it "came off of his Jenny". It is abour 88 1/2" long now with the one tip being broken off and the other with the protective metal edge covering intact. I intend to hang it up for display in my hangar and would like to be able to confirm that it may have at one time been installed on a Jenny. Any help is gratefully appreciated.

It's about the right size and pitch (It was originally 8 ft 4 inches, probably with a 5 foot pitch), but offhand I don't recognize the drawing number, and the Signal Corps number is fairly high, so the model may have been created some time after WW1, where most of the available drawing numbers have been found.

Are the decals intact? They should read "Westmoore", with two "o"s.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X